A lot of people have asked me how to make glitter pills like the ones from Some Cheer to a A Friend. It’s a very simple process, but I thought that I would write everything out in a post.
Please note that I made these strictly as fun craft project to make a friend laugh. I do not advise consumption of these pills in any form or fashion!
- Empty Gelatin Capsules – I bought mine at Whole Foods but any health food store would have them. You can also buy them online. The hardest part of the project is finding empty gelatin capsules of the right size. I used an extra large, Size 00.
- Glitter – Any Variety, Any Color
- Small funnel, optional
- Pull the empty capsules apart.
- Pour glitter into the capsule end that will be covered by the second capsule end. Fill to the top. I made a small funnel out of paper so that I didn’t get glitter everywhere. [This process still left my craft table, my floor, my iphone, and myself covered in glitter - So be prepared for glitter hazards.]
- Press capsule ends together gently until you hear a click or until the ends are securely together.
- Now throw some glitter pills and make it rain.