After making a unique wreath for Christmas, I wanted to make something adorable for other holidays. This is our Valentines Day wreath.
- Size 2 knitting needles
- A frame
- Ribbon (any variety, any size – you pick)
- Pink or Red worsted yarn (I used Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids in Rogue and some yarn from Cosymakes Knitting Kits)
- Black worsted yarn (at least 24 inches in length)
- Embroidery floss in the desired eye color
- Yarn needle
- Batting (Poly Fil)
- Hot glue gun
- Remove any backing or glass from the frame. Make sure that everything is removed so that the frame will lay properly on the door or wall.
- Knit 2 hearts using Anna Hrachovec’s free heart pattern and size 2 knitting needles. You must make 4 sides for 2 hearts. Do not felt these pieces.
- Sew the hearts together and stuff with batting.
- Embroider eyes as desired. I used the Japanese anime style of happy eyes and used our eye colors to designate us.
- Thread your yarn needle with black yarn. Insert the needle into one heart just a little below the eyes and push the needle through. These will be the arms for the hearts. Cut the yarn with a very long tail.
- Repeat #5 for the second heart.
- Knot the ends of the black yarn between the hearts. Determine the amount of hang you want between the hearts when the wreath is hanging.
- Hot glue the other end of the black yarn to the frame.
- At this point, practice hanging the wreath to see how your hearts will hang. If needed, hot glue the hearts to the frame.
- Hot glue the ribbon to the frame.
- Let cool, hang, and enjoy!