I am in charge of the organization for a bridal shower. After the theme of vintage kitchen/aprons and the color scheme of red, orange, & blue were chosen, the best part was getting decorations ready.
The inspiration for this project came from a Craftster post. I knew immediately that it would be perfect for the shower.
What I used:
- Decorative Cupcake liners, folded in half
- White Cupcake liners, folded in half
- White Mini-cupcake liners, folded in half
- White Cardstock
- Blue letter stickers
- Ribbon cut into 2 inch pieces
- Hot Glue gun
What I did:
- Build your aprons. I used one decorative liner with two white liners underneath and two mini liners on top. If you use stickers on the aprons, put the stickers on at this stage.
- Cut out the bodice of the apron from the cardstock. I cut one piece of cardstock in the shape of a hourglass and then folded the cardstock in half.
- Hot glue the cardstock together with the ribbon ends between the cardstock.
- Hot glue the inner liners to the outer liners. The best way is to put the hot glue on the edge of the liner fold and insert one liner into another.
- Hot glue the bodice to the decorative liner.
- Hot glue the mini liners on top of the bodice glued to the decorative liner. I only put glue in the area of the liner that would have been the base of a cupcake.
- Enjoy the beautiful vintage decorations.