When I bought my birthday yarn, this project was what I had in mind. I didn’t get to start the sweater until September and almost well out of the warm weather that it was intended to be worn in.
I used Size 7 knitting needles which are smaller than the pattern originally used because, everyone said that this linen yarn stretches a ton and I didn’t want a sweater that reached my knees. Before I blocked the pullover, I had been a little worried that I had made it too small. However, the linen yarn shocked me with the stretch-ability in the blocking process.
I had a few mistakes while knitting the bottom front that resulted in my meeting point being a little off-kilter in the front. In addition, I had some issues with knitting the right sleeve. When I was half-way through knitting the right sleeve, I realized that I had been knitting the sleeve backwards as the sleeve pattern on the right side didn’t match either the pictures of the sleeve or the rest of the sweater body. I frogged the right sleeve and reversed the sleeve directions to have a right-side-out right sleeve. My copy of the pattern doesn’t mention a difference between the sleeves and I’m not sure if there needs to be an errata (or if I just need explicit instructions when knitting).
I bound off with a size 8 knitting needle due to my tight binding off tendencies.
Despite my mistakes and confusion with the sleeve, I love this pattern and the resulting sweater. I can’t wait to layer it with other long-sleeve shirts to wear for the remainder of the cold fall and winter seasons. It will look equally lovely as a swimsuit cover up in the summer or a light pullover in spring.
Ravelry Project Pages: Passionate Meeting Point
Needles: Size 7 dpn and circular (Size 8 to bind off)
Yarn: Berroco Lago in Passion Flower